Safeguarding at Holy trinity
Every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of male and female in God’s own image and likeness. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. Among other things this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
Holy Trinity accepts and endorse the principles set out in the Bristol Diocese 'Safeguarding Policy 2015.’
We are committed to:
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with all adults and children.
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable, and
- The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
- Carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service disclosures.
- Respond without delay to every concern raised which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
- Seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him, or her, an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
- Seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
- Seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.
A full copy of the Bristol Diocese ‘Safeguarding Policy 2015’ and additional information about safeguarding in the Bristol Diocese can be found here. Please contact our Administrator for a full copy of our Safeguarding Policy (email@example.com).
HOLY TRINITY Safeguarding OFFICER:
Parish Safeguarding Officer:
Our Parish Safeguarding Officers are the first people to speak to if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child or adult with vulnerability. If you would prefer to speak with someone outside the church:
Bristol Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser:
0117 9060100 (Out of Hours - 0845 120 4550)